Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dilemma: Go to Miami for Super Bowl or Party in the Big Easy?

Unless you live under a rock, you've probably heard by now that the New Orleans Saints are finally going to the Super Bowl. This places me in a precarious situation that is about as favorable a dilemma as one can conceive.

I have to decide where to tailgate, watch the Saints whoop up on the Indianapolis Colts and party following the game.

Miami would seem the obvious choice. I was just there vacationing in October, and I had a great time while down there. The city is a lot of fun, and the women on South Beach are none too fond of wearing clothes.

On a side-note, the gals in South Florida may be on to something with their propensity for nude sunbathing. You see, health experts have discovered that a form of vitamin d that originates from sunlight is as much as five times more valuable as a nutrient than other, more common forms of vitamin d.

According to my mother, nurse practitioner Pam Egan, FNP-C, CDE; direct exposure of sunlight on bare skin helps the body manufacture a nutrient called cholecalciferol, more commonly referred to as vitamin d3. This nutrient offers a ton of health benefits including reducing the risk of cancer and osteoporosis, and it also helps strengthen the immune system.

The way I see it, this is just one more good reason for the ladies to wear as little as possible ;-).

While we're on the topic of women disrobing, during Super Bowl week, the annual Mardi Gras celebration will be proceeding as scheduled in the Big Easy. I can only imagine what the party is going to be like with the Saints in the Super Bowl and Mardi Gras going on simultaneously. It will be a once-in-a-lifetime event to say the least.

Also, I've a standing invitation to join my family for a vacation to Gatlinburg, Tennessee to go stay in a pretty tight chalet up in the Great Smokey Mountains. While I love Gatlinburg, it will still be there after the game. The two above-mentioned party locations will be one-time opportunities.

Needless to say, I am leaning towards either Miami or New Orleans, but haven't completely ruled out Gatlinburg (you just never know).

In any case, what a delightful problem this is for me to have. Regardless of which option I eventually choose, it is sure to be a good time.

Geaux Saints! Who Dat!

No comments: